Pages

Maple peanut butter smoothie. Yum!

I've been trying to force myself to eat steel cut oats.  I'm not sure if I'm totally on board yet.  But I made a big batch so I feel compelled to eat them each morning this week.

Today I did a smoothie so I could have something portable for breakfast.  It has actually turned out quite yummy as far as somewhat healthy things go.

1/2 cup cooked steel cut oats
1 heaping tbsp of almond butter
2 tsp of real maple syrup
1 ripe banana
1/4 C almond milk or more depending on how stiff your oats are (that's what she said)

Note, since my oats were made ahead they were cold, as was the almond milk.  If none of your ingredients are cold you may want to add some ice.  Or make the smoothie and stick it in the fridge for an hour! 

Blend well together until you can sip it through a straw and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment