Pages

How Etsy has helped my business

With all the drama about sales lately I figured I should take some time and list a few ways Etsy has helped my business. I thought about it and these are the few I can think of just off the top of my head. Imagine what I could come up with if I really put some time into it...

1) They always send my bill on time. It helps with expense budgeting.

2) Etsy is a four letter word which fits in perfectly with my profaity laced product lines.

3) The grey header and orange logo don't clash with the colors in my shop. It could be like puke green and, well, that might be okay for my shop too. 

4) The site is in English so I can understand it. It would be much harder to do business with a similar site in say, Russian.

5) They keep my sales number on my shop page at all times. That way if I forget it, I and all the folks who are critquing me in the forum, can check on it.

6) They have forums where I can discuss and debate many issues with other shop owners and be reminded of exactly what not to do or say on a regular basis. I don't want to make any mistakes which may hurt my business! The forum is almost like having my own mother looking over my shoulder and that's comforting.

7) Etsy being based in Brooklyn means I can say my business is 'New York City' based and almost be telling the truth.

8) It's like having a silent partner. Well, not exactly silent more like a 'I'll get back to you after I'm done playing RockBand' type partner. But at least I'm not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment