Pages

I finished a rough draft of Chapter 1 tonight

Here is a taste:


Now when I say having sex for money would’ve been a better business plan, I suppose my only evidence is that prostitution has a built in five year plan.  Year 1: Sleep with people for money  Year 2: Sleep with more people for money.  Year 3: Sleep with people for money, and maybe some animals if that will fetch a higher price.  Year 4: You guessed it, sleep with people for money.  Year 5: Become a madame.
I entered the fray of self employed business owner with no plan. I figured I’d make some shit and someone out there would want to give me their money for it.  It was sort of like the Underpants Gnome three point plan in an episode of South Park.  It went something like this:
  1. Collect underpants
  2. ?
  3. Profit
Yeah, my plan was about as well thought out as that.  I would make shit. Then something else would happen.  Then I’d be rich beyond my wildest dreams and write letters to all my former employers telling them to stick it where the sun don’t shine.  Awesome! 





2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite South Park Episodes, also one that my husband and I use all the time as we try to think up businesses we can do from home. Have you come up with any kind marketing campaign? Like doing consignment, frequenting forums and pushing yourself etc...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings tt! Thanks for the comment!

    To describe anything I'm doing as a 'campaign' would be a gross overstatement. I am likely signing to my first consignment agreement this week. I do participate in the Etsy forums daily (probably too often) and have advertised through project wonderful with some success.

    However, it's all been done completely by the seat of my pants with little to no strategy. I'm completely learning as I go.

    Probably the epilogue to my book will be to share what I've learned thus far. As the old saying goes, 'If I only knew then what I know now...'

    Thanks!
    knot

    ReplyDelete